McLaren Oakland offers the following benefits to Interns, Residents and Fellows. The brief description following each benefit is only a summary. All questions concerning the interpretation of benefit eligibility and amounts should be directed to the Human Resources Department and will be resolved in accordance with language contained in master insurance company contracts and/or Human Resources Policy. McLaren Oakland reserves the right to change or modify benefits as determined necessary.
Salary For 2012-2013
||There is a $5,000 per year bonus available to
Internal Medicine and Family Practice Residents
during years OGME 2 and OGME 3
Premium Cost Sharing
Some benefits coverage has premium cost sharing. A small portion of the benefit is payroll deducted for benefits chosen.
McLaren Oakland offers medical coverage through McLaren Health Advantage. This plan includes prescription drug coverage with reduced co-pays when Interns/Residents/Fellows use the hospital pharmacy. Our medical plan is offered for single, two-person, and family coverage. We also offer family continuation riders, sponsored dependent riders, and free standing riders.
The vision plan is through EyeMed Vision Care covers a complete eye exam, as well as frames and lenses or contact lenses (co-pays apply).
Life insurance includes coverage for accidental death and dismemberment. Interns/Residents/Fellows are covered for life insurance in the amount of 1 times their annual salary, with a maximum of $150,000. Interns/Residents/Fellows may purchase additional life insurance for themselves and family members at group rates.
Long-Term Disability Insurance
Interns/Residents/Fellows are eligible for Long-Term Disability when they become seriously ill or otherwise disabled (non-occupational). When qualifying for LTD, Interns/Residents/Fellows will receive weekly disability benefits equivalent to 60% (up to $5,000 monthly) of base hourly rate, beginning on the 181st day of disability. McLaren Oakland provides this at no cost to Interns/Residents/Fellows.
Delta Dental Insurance
Coverage ranges from 50-100% for preventative, x-rays, fillings, minor restorative; major restorative, bridges, and dentures with a $1,000-$1,500 per person maximum annual benefit, depending on benefit selection
Worker's compensation insurance is provided by the Hospital at no cost to Interns/Residents/Fellows.
Leave of Absence
Interns/Residents/Fellows may be entitled to benefits under the Hospital's Family and Medical Leave of Absence policy ("FMLOA"), as may be amended from time to time. Other medical or personal unpaid leave may be granted with the approval of the Director of Medical Education, consistent with the American Osteopathic Association Medical Education Regulations, only after the Intern/Resident/Fellow has exhausted all of his or her vacation time. Makeup time and/or repeat of training is determined by the Director of Medical Education and applicable specialty requirements.
Reimbursement of Educational Expenses
Interns/Residents/Fellows may be reimbursed for expenses to attend meetings that have educational value closely related to their specialty field of training, or to purchase textbooks, journal subscriptions, and/or computer hardware/software, with the approval of the Residency Program Director and the Director of Medical Education. Maximum amounts for reimbursement are $1,000 for OGME-1, $1,500 for OGME-2 & 3, and $1,800 for OGME-4 and above.
Reimbursement includes the following:
- Hotel room charges (single rate)
- Per diem up to $40 a day for meals and other incidentals
- Use of personal car at current IRS rate (55.5 cents per mile as of 7/1/11)
- Tolls and parking charges
- Public transportation at coach fare rates
- Taxi fare to and from public transportation depot
All applications for reimbursement (other than per diem) must include receipts.
Interns/Residents/Fellows receive a maximum of twenty days of paid time off per contract year.
- BCLS and ACLS certification are provided at the hospital.
- Dining Room Privileges - Meals are provided, while on duty at McLaren Oakland, via a meal voucher system; some restrictions and limitations may apply.
- Hospital Discount - Courtesy discounts are given for both inpatient and outpatient medical services.
- Liability Insurance - Coverage for Interns/Residents/Fellows performing their job responsibilities is provided.
- Parking Privileges - Free parking is provided.
- Social Security - The Intern/Resident/Fellow and the hospital contribute an equal amount toward benefit each pay period.
- Workers Compensation Insurance - Personal protection against loss of income resulting from work-related injuries or accidents is included.
- Clothing Allowance - White coats are provided and laundered upon request.
Employee Fitness Center
Access to the Fitness Center is available for a nominal fee.