Medical Fitness Program at Cheboygan Campus
Sweating at the gym is right for some, but hardly an appropriate program for all. What works for one person might not work for another. That’s why medical fitness is the new way — the best way — to think about health.
Today, fitness means a well-rounded program geared specifically to the individual, taking into account physicality, metabolism, medical predispositions, and nutrition. At the Wellness Center, certified exercise specialists and cardiovascular nurses work with physicians, nutritionists, and therapists to create individualized programs for optimal health and wellness.
The Right Program, the Right Fit, for all Adult Fitness Needs
Participation begins with a comprehensive one-on-one assessment including:
- Review of complete patient medical history
- Review of medications and appropriate lab work
- Consideration of deficits, including balance, vision, and hearing
- Recording of baseline statistics, including weight, blood pressure, and oxygen saturation Following assessment, an individualized fitness plan is created and melds health care services, wellness education, and fitness regimens in a seamless package designed to provide both preventative and rehabilitative care. Through self-motivated regimens, participants work to meet established goals.
Affordable and Convenient
One important goal: to increase healthy living.
- Initial assessment — $25
- Fitness sessions — $5/session
Post -Graduate Opportunities
Patients who have completed physical, occupational, or speech–language therapies, and cardiovascular or pulmonary rehabilitation can easily transition to the Medical Fitness Program.
Additional Health and Wellness Programs available in Petoskey
Ask about other opportunities at the John & Marnie Demmer Wellness Pavilion that may be appropriate for you and your specific condition.
- Aerobic fitness
- Aquatic fitness
- Flexibility and balance
- Health coaching
- Massage therapy
- Mindfulness and stress management
- Smoking cessation
- Strength training and conditioning
- Tai Chi