Your best source for dependable family care
McLaren Northern Michigan is very proud to welcome Peter Alvarado, DO, Ann Kuenker, DO, James Lawrence Jr., MD, and Michelle Green, PA-C, to the McLaren family. These medical experts provide exceptional care to you and your loved ones when it's most needed.
When you want top-rate care from experienced health care professionals, choose McLaren. You can always count on us for the quality care your family needs and deserves.
Elk Rapids Family Medicine offers:
- On-site lab and pharmacy services
- Access to specialty care (currently offering Cardiology and Rheumatology)
- Accepting many insurances, including McLaren Health Plan
- New patients of all ages welcome
From left to right: Michelle Green, PA-C, and family medicine physicians Peter Alvarado, DO, MD, Ann Kuenker, DO, and James Lawrence Jr.
FOR EVERY STAGE OF LIFE
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Elk Rapids Family Practice serves every member of the community with the best care: compassionate, involved, and just right for every age.
What are your options? Helping You Make the Right Choices
A Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) is a trusting partnership between a doctor-led health care team and an informed patient. It incudes an agreement between the provider and the patient that acknowledges the role of each in a total health care program.
- Ask you about your health goals
- Ask you to help us plan your care, and to let us know if you think you can follow the plan
- Create written copies of care plans for more complex illnesses
- Have our care team members assist in all aspects of your care
- Remind you when tests are due
- Ask you to have blood tests done before your visit so that the provider has the results at your visit
- Explore methods to care for you better; including ways to help you care for yourself
- Members of our staff team strive to provide high quality care
We Trust You, Our Patient, to:
- Tell us what you know about your health and illnesses
- Tell us about your needs and concerns
- Take part in planning your care
- Follow the care plan that is agreed upon — or let us know why you cannot so we can try to help, or change the plan
- Tell us what medications you are taking and request refills at your office as needed
- Let us know when you see other doctors or have any medication changes
- Ask other doctors to send us a report about your care when you see them
- Seek our advice before you see other physicians; we may be able to care for you, or we may know about the strengths of various specialists
- Learn about wellness and how to prevent disease
- Learn about your insurance so you know what it covers
- Respect us as individuals and partners in your care
- Keep your appointments as scheduled, or call within 24 hours to reschedule
- Pay your visit fee when you are seen in the office, whether copay or other
- Give us feedback, so we can improve our services; we may survey you in the future
We Will Continue to:
- Provide you with a care team who will know you and your family
- Respect you as an individual — we will not make judgements based on race, religion, sex, age, disability, etc.
- Respect your privacy — your medical information will not be shared with anyone unless you give us permission or it is required by law
- Provide care given by a team of people led by your provider
- Give timely care that meets your needs and fits with your goals and values
- Give care that is based on quality, evidence, and safety
- Have a provider on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Address short-term illness, and long-term disease
- Provide advice about how to help you stay healthy
- Discuss your health and illnesses in a way you can understand
- Strive to continually improve patient care by utilizing the latest medical technology
At Elk Rapids Family Medicine, urgent care needs are handled with immediacy whenever possible. Unless needs are emergent, patients may contact the office before visiting a local urgent care or emergency room to determine the care needed. Advanced Access scheduling is in place ensuring 30% of appointments are reserved for same-day scheduling.
For after-hours and holiday needs, Elk Rapids Family Medicine Urgent Care is open from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m., seven days a week. For after-hours urgent care guidance and recommendations from a provider, please call 231.xxx.xxxx.
When emergency care is required, an Elk Rapids Family Medicine provider can assist by communicating with the emergency department regarding specific situations. For serious emergencies, call 911.
Elk Rapids Family Medicine participates in most major insurance company plans, including Blue Cross, McLaren Health Plan, Medicare, and Medicaid. If you have questions about your insurance coverage, please contact your insurance provider.
Lab Testing & Results
Please use our on-site lab draw facility to ensure timely results. Results are typically available within a week; if you have not heard from us please feel free to call.
Now accepting new patients
To schedule an appointment, please call (231) 264-8282. For your convenience, same-day appointments are available.
McLaren Northern Michigan – Elk Rapids Family Medicine
124 Ames St.
Elk Rapids, MI 49629
Outpatient laboratory on site
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - noon and 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.