Access to the Medical Library:
- The Medical Library is open to all McLaren Macomb employees,
volunteers and the public for research purposes during the posted hours Monday
- After-hours access to the Medical Library is limited
to members of the Medical Staff, McLaren Macomb House Staff, medical students
and hospital managers.
- Authorized users may obtain access to the Medical Library via an employee identification badge reader.
Appropriate Use of the Medical Library Facilities:
- Users of the Medical Library are expected to use
common courtesies, such as keeping noise to a minimum and disposing of trash.
- Use of the photocopier is for hospital related
business. Copying of Library Resources must be compliant with copyright law of
the US (Title 17, United States Code).
- FOOD is NOT PERMITTED. DRINKS must have LIDS.
- Telephones are for hospital related business only. Cell phones should be set on "vibrate" and used outside of the Medical Library.
Computer Resources in the Medical Library:
- Computers in the Medical Library offer Internet
connections for the purpose of accessing research information.
- Computer users will abide by the Information Technology E-mail and Internet/Intranet Policy 3-306.
Circulation of Library Materials:
- The following materials are available for
circulation: books, audio and videotapes, CD-ROM. Anatomical models are
available for department use.
- Materials not permitted to circulate include:
Reference materials, magazines/journals, reading list notebooks, and nursing
- McLaren Macomb employees and volunteers may check out
materials from the library. In order to do so, the employee must obtain a
Library Borrower ID from the Medical Librarian during normal library hours.
- InterLibrary Loan requests within Docline, OCLC, and MiLE are limited to the circulating book collection. Requests must come from participating libraries.
Access to McLaren Macomb Library Databases via the Internet:
- The Medical Library offers online searching of McLaren Macomb
physical holdings through the catalog and remote access to medical databases.
- Access for subscription databases is available for
authorized McLaren Macomb personnel. Other databases are available to everyone.
Accessibility is indicated in the catalog.
- To obtain access information, bring your hospital ID
badge to the Medical Library during the posted hours to obtain your Library
Borrower ID and database access information. Some databases require the
Library Borrower ID.
- Database User ID and Passwords are to be kept confidential.