Health Fitness Evaluation Program
Is this your year to get serious about your health? If so, you may want to start with a serious health assessment.
McLaren Macomb’s Mat Gaberty Heart Center offers a comprehensive health fitness evaluation and exercise program designed specifically for people interested in improving their health through exercise and better lifestyle choices.
Developed by our registered nurses and an exercise physiologist, the program is designed to improve an individual's overall fitness. Participants begin with an initial assessment comprised of a variety of health-related physical fitness tests including:
- Aerobic fitness: The body’s ability to take in and use oxygen to produce energy
- Flexibility: The ability to bend joints and stretch muscles through a full range of motion
- Muscular fitness: The strength and endurance of your muscles
- Body Mass Index (BMI): To assess body composition
- Nutrition: Planning and practicing a well-balanced diet
You’ll also be asked to complete a basic medical history questionnaire to determine cardiovascular risk factors and other special needs.
What you can expect:
Upon completion of your personal assessment you will receive an evaluation identifying your overall health strengths and weaknesses. Coupled with your fitness goals, a personalized 10-week realistic and effective exercise program will be designed especially for you, which will incorporate:
- A realistic physical fitness goal setting session
- Two visits with a specially trained registered nurse or exercise physiologist
- Regular telephone support calls to assess progress
- Food and nutrition counseling, plus meal planning
- Access to education and resource materials
The 10 - week program cost is just $99 and includes your initial evaluation and assessment.
Get Yourself Motivated!
Learn how you can improve your health and wellness at any age, at any weight, and with most medical conditions. The goal is to help you control your weight and gain increased flexility and coordination, along with greater endurance, strength, and balance.
If you’re ready to commit to a healthier lifestyle, consider a comprehensive health fitness evaluation at McLaren Macomb. Our team is ready to help you succeed. Call to schedule an appointment at (586) 493-3354