Providing the best care to patients includes having the most complete diagnostic imaging technology available with prompt and trusted results.
McLaren Flint-MRI, located at 750 Ballenger Rd. in Flint, offers access to state-of-the-art MRI imaging, supported by highly experienced, board-certified radiologists and dedicated and highly-trained staff.
McLaren MRI features the most advanced MRI system in the area- the Discovery MR750 3.0T by GE Healthcare. The result is a significantly enhanced imaging performance which can lead to improved diagnosis and better patient care.
The system, equipped with a 3.0 Tesla magnet, allows for a faster, easier, and more comfortable MRI experience. The 3T MRI is currently the gold standard in orthopedic and neuro-imaging. With 3T MRI, a scan with three-dimensional imaging can be done in less than 30 minutes, compared to two or three times that long on conventional systems. The 3T MRI also detects more signals from tissues and organs, resulting in sharper, clearer images.
Major benefits of the 3T Imaging system include:
- Increased magnet strength over standard MRI systems resulting in the ability to scan faster and to scan with higher detail.
- Less stress. Reduces patient anxiety by preparing the exam outside the scan room on the detachable Express Patient Table.
- Precise imaging tools such as motion-correction techniques and new non-contrast applications that deliver reliable, reproducible results virtually every time.
- More pleasant exam. Keeps patients refreshed and comfortable by adjusting the airflow and lighting in the bore with multiple control settings.
- Earlier diagnosis and treatment. The system provides visualization of microscopic detail that can aid our board-certified radiologists in detecting abnormalities quicker and more effectively, which can lead to earlier diagnosis and treatment.
McLaren-MRI also maintains a second MRI unit, which is the only high field, open bore MRI unit available in central Michigan. Open MRI units are significantly less confining than standard units. They are specifically designed to reduce anxiety during testing for patients that are claustrophobic, elderly or of large stature. The high field, open MRI serves a vast range of applications and provides advanced image quality.
McLaren is committed to providing the highest level of quality in imaging services and service satisfaction. Under the medical direction of Diagnostic Radiology Associates, McLaren Imaging Services have received accreditation by the American College of Radiology for all services offered. Our team of experienced, board-certified radiologists includes fellowship and subspecialty trained physicians who review and evaluate the images and promptly deliver a detailed report.
Same-day appointments are available. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call McLaren Flint - MRI at (810) 235-9311.