McLaren Laboratory and Patient Service Center
The McLaren Laboratory and Patient Service Center provides the local medical community with an accurate, timely, and convenient diagnostic resource. The Laboratory offers comprehensive clinical and anatomical pathology services to physicians in private practice in the Clarkston area.
Quality and Customer Service Focus
Our testing capabilities extend over the major disciplines of laboratory medicine. These include most routine procedures commonly ordered by physicians, as well as more specialized procedures. Our new Clarkston laboratory and Patient Service Center facilities have been designed to meet both provider and patient expectations through service quality. At McLaren we make every effort to ensure consistent quality throughout the laboratory system, emphasizing:
- high standards of personnel
- latest instrumentation and methods
- in-service continuing education, and
- comprehensive quality control program.
The College of American Pathologists accredits our Clarkston laboratory as well as the McLaren Flint laboratory in Flint, Michigan.
Fast and Accurate Testing Services
We recognize the need for physicians to receive fast and accurate testing services. Excellent service to your office is a primary goal of the laboratory staff. Five very important features of our laboratory’s services are listed below.
TURN AROUND TIME
– Most test results are returned to the physicians practice within 24 hours. There are various systems in place for results return dependent on the practice’s needs and/or special instructions. These include Phone, Fax, Courier, Remote Results Printers, Electronic Messaging, and Electronic Medical Record connectivity.
ABNORMAL AND/OR CRITICAL RESULTS
– Any abnormal test result that is considered life threatening is immediately retested. When necessary, additional tests will be performed at the request of the physician to assist in the diagnosis and results will be immediately phoned to the physician.
– These results will be returned to the physician within 24-48 hours. This relieves patient anxiety and also allows the physician to schedule additional procedures if necessary.
PATHLOGISTS AND CLINICAL CONSULTANTS
– McLaren Flint has a long-standing contractual relationship with the Flint Clinical Pathologists Group. The group is comprised of seven full-time Pathologists with Board Certifications in Clinical and Anatomic Pathology, Dermatopathology, Cytopathology, and Hematopatology. To further complement our clinical services, a Clinical Biochemist and Clinical Microbiologist, both doctorate level consultants are also available.
- At the providers request the laboratory can bill the patient, third party payers (most insurance plans accepted), and/or the physician’s office for services provided.
Our Laboratory realizes the busy schedule of a physician’s office. We provide several test ordering and results options that minimize information collection time, maximizing the physician and staff can spend with the patient. Easy to use paper and/or electronic ordering systems are available. Patient test results are presented along with normal values for easy review. Complete or partial results may be requested.
Click here for our Out Patient Laboratory Service Center locations, maps and hours.
Laboratory Medical Director
Aamir Ahsan, M.D.
Laboratory Administrative Director
James M. Nielsen, MSA
Laboratory Manager – Clarkston Facility
Suzanne E. Bredernitz, B.S. MT(ASCP)