McLaren Health Care Awards
Ranked Among Verispan's List of the Top 100 Integrated Health Systems in the United States in 2011, McLaren Health Care
McLaren Bay Region
- Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care, Cardiac Surgery, and Knee and Hip Surgery from BC/BS
- Re-Certification as Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center
- Organ Donation Medal of Honor from the US Department of Health and Human Services
McLaren Central Michigan
- Opened the new Heart & Vascular Center, recruited seven additional physicians to our medical staff, and achieved 5% growth from 2009-2010 in inpatient market share in our primary service area.
McLaren Cancer Institute
- David Howell, M.D. received the Cum Laude Award for Education Exhibit at the 2010 Radiologic Society of North America Annual Meeting.
- 43rd Annual Great Lakes Oncology Nursing Conference (sponsored by the American Cancer Society) awarded first prize to the poster presentation: Patient Connect - a Tailored Educational Tool for Oncology Patients
- Dr. Sabry Mansour of McLaren - Lapeer Region's Cancer Committee named Outstanding Cancer Liaison Physician by the American College of Surgeons.
McLaren - Greater Lansing
- McLaren - Greater Lansing is among just 26 hospitals nationwide to receive recognition by the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (ACS NSQIP) for achieving exemplary surgical patient care outcomes.
- BCBS Cardiac Center of Excellence - McLaren Greater Lansing is among a small, elite group of hospitals in the nation to have achieved and maintained Blue Cross Blue Shield's Cardiac Center of Excellence designation uninterrupted since the standard was first created in 1996.
- McLaren Greater Lansing is the second hospital in Michigan to receive Primary Stroke Certification from the Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP), an independent nationally recognized accreditation authority. The two-year certification demonstrates McLaren Greater Lansing is meeting and exceeding rigorous national standards for stroke care.
McLaren - Lapeer Region
- McLaren - Lapeer Region earned National Top Performer recognition for Hip/Knee and SCIP and goal attainment recognition for Congestive Heart Failure and Pneumonia. Based on fifth-year results from the Hospital Quality Incentive DemonstrationTM (HQID) project. Due to its successes, McLaren - Lapeer Region will receive a bonus payment of $39,486.00 from CMS.
- McLaren - Lapeer Region's Cancer Program received Accreditation Award for 3 years with commendation on 2/5/10.
- McLaren - Lapeer Region's Sleep Center received a 5 year re-accreditation award from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine in April 2010.
McLaren Northern Michigan
- 2012 & 2011 Practice Greenhealth Environmental Leadership Circle.
- 2012 The 5-Diamond Patient Safety Program
- 2011 Building Michigan's Healthcare Workforce Award for Retention by Michigan Health Council
- CARF Accreditation
- 2011 VHA Leadership Award for Sustainability Excellence - Best in Class Comprehensive Program
- 2011 Accreditation by the American Associatio of Diabetes Educators
- 2011 Get with the Guidelines® - Heart Failure
- 2011 Exemplary Surgical Outcomes Recognition
- 2011 Five-Year Accreditation by American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- 2011 Five-Year Accreditation by Laboratory Accredication Board of ABRET
- 2011 VHA Leadership Award
- ANCC Magnet Recognition®
- 2011 CareChex
- The American College of Radiology (ACR) awarded McLaren Macomb a three-year term of accreditation in nuclear medicine.
- McLaren Macomb was named as a Level II Trauma Center by the Verification Review Committee (VRC), an ad hoc committee of the Committee on Trauma (COT) of the American College of Surgeons (ACS). The achievement recognizes the hospital's dedication to providing optimal care for injured patients, making McLaren Macomb Macomb County's first verified Level II Trauma Center.
- Readers of The Macomb Daily chose McLaren Macomb's ER as the best in the area. In addition, to the hospital's ER, several McLaren Macomb-affiliated physicians were included in the "Best of the Best" section.
- Hospice operations at McLaren Homecare Group ranked in the 99th percentile for overall patient satisfaction as measured and reported by national research firm Press Ganey
- Recognized by Modern Healthcare as one of the Best Places to Work in 2010.
- Morehead Apex Workplace of Distinction Award Winner for reaching and sustaining the 90 percentile on our employee engagement surveys
- Received NCQA Accreditation Status of "Excellent" for Medicaid HMO (Have maintained this status every year since 2003)
- McLaren Medical Group and Dr. Linda Lowenstein (pronounced st-y-ne--like Frankenstein), Best in Primary Care, Citizen Newspapers in Ortonville.
- McLaren Medical Group's Dr. Sarah Jones, OB/GYN in the Macomb Region selected "Patient's Top Choice in Women's Health" a national survey conducted in the OB/GYN specialty.
- McLaren Medical Group recognized eight physicians appointed to the teaching faculty of Michigan State University's College of Human Medicine and College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2010.
- in the 22nd annual U.S. News & World Report guide to "Americans Best Hospitals", McLaren Flint earned "High Performing" rankings in 10 specialty areas, earning on of the top 5 rankings among hospitals in the greater Detroit Metro Area, which includes Genesee County.
- HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence Award
- Blue Distinction Center for Spine Surgery as designated by BCBSM and Blue Care Network
- Blue Distinction Center for Hip and Knee Replacement as designated by BCBSM and Blue Care Network
- Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation (UDSMR) presented McLaren Oakland with a "Top Performer Award" plaque. The overall score for McLaren Oakland was 91% when ranked against 800 qualifying facilities for data collected in 2009
- McLaren Oakland's Lake Orion Nursing and Rehabilitation Centre is only 1 of 5 facilities in Oakland County to receive a perfect five-star rating for 2010 from CMS. The annual rating compares the quality of each nursing home based on health inspection results, nursing home staffing, quality measures and fire safety inspection results.
- The American Orthopaedic Association (AOA) recognized McLaren Oakland for its important leadership role in bone health and fragility fracture prevention in the US News and World Report's August 2010 issue featuring "America's Best Hospitals."