Welcome to McLaren Health Plan!
McLaren Health Care is a fully integrated health network, committed to quality, evidence-based patient care and cost efficiency. The McLaren system includes eight hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, freestanding dialysis centers, a regional network of cancer centers and providers, an employed primary care physician network, assisted living facilities, commercial and Medicaid HMOs, home health care and hospice, durable medical equipment and a wholly-owned medical malpractice insurance company. McLaren has 13,000 employees and more than 7,000 network physicians.
The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) has awarded McLaren Health Plan's Medicaid HMO and Commercial-HMO/POS Combined products, an accreditation status of Commendable for service and clinical quality that meet NCQA's rigorous requirements for consumer protection and quality improvement.
McLaren Health Plan has been awarded several Pinnacle Awards for Best Practices from the Michigan Association of Health Plans (MAHP) in a variety of categories:
- 2003 - PCP Case Management
- 2004 - ABAD (Assistance for the Blind and Disabled) Lets Connect
- 2005 - Disease Management for Well Children Population
- 2006 - Community Outreach to Prevent Lead Poisoning ("Not in My Back Yard")
- 2007 - Chronic Disease Care
- 2008 - You've Got a Nurse (commercial business)
- 2010 - Early Care Health Families
- 2011 - MedCheck (commercial business)
- 2012 - Taking it Off weight management program (commercial business)